Saturday, August 04, 2018

College Freshman Packing List


Hey guys, I’m back again, this time with an update on college packing. My move in day is within a week, so I’m really hitting that crunch time on making sure everything is ready to go.


For reference, I am in a suite-style dorm, so you might need things I won’t be bringing. Without further ado, here we go!


Bedding:
I’m not going to lie, this is probably where I spent most of my money. Very little of this came from my house, unlike most of the other sections.


Kitchen:
  • Blender
  • Keurig
  • K cup holder
  • Storage crate
  • Brita
  • Travel mugs (x2)
  • Coffee mugs (x2)
  • Water bottles (x2)
  • Dish soap
Everything else I’m planning on seeing if I need it or I’ll be buying it when I’m already at college (examples: dishes, silverware, etc). I honestly am only bringing what I already use at my house on a daily or weekly basis.


Bath:
  • Washcloths (x8? I don’t actually know how many are in my pack, but it’s definitely more than 5)
  • Soap dispenser
  • Toilet paper
  • Essential oils & diffuser (I’m allergic to most synthetic fragrances, so I can’t use air fresheners without sneezing for what feels like an eternity or getting a migraine. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.)
Again, since I’m in suite style, I’m not worried about towel wraps or shower shoes or anything like that. Benefits to knowing how often things get cleaned!


Decor:
  • Command hooks
  • Command strips
  • Canvas
  • Eiffel tower (I bought this on my trip to Paris and aside from a photo or two, will be the only decoration on my desk)
  • Photo in frame
  • Photos
  • Photo hanging line (I got this as a graduation gift from my boyfriend. It’s one of my favorite things because it’s lil sloths.)
  • Dreamcatcher

Cleaning:
  • Paper towels
  • Drawer liners
  • Windex
  • Tissues
  • Clorox wipes
  • Detergent
  • Steamer
  • Dryer sheets
  • Lint roller
  • Ziploc baggies
  • Safety pins
  • Duct tape
  • Trash bags
I’m pretty sure this is going to be all I need until flu season when it’s time to go through a can of Lysol disinfectant a week or until my suitemate and I break down and decide we need to scrub the inside of the toilet too.


School Supplies:
  • 1’’ binders (x3)
  • 1.5” binders (x2)
  • 8 tab dividers (x5)
  • Folders (x6)
  • Notebooks (x6)
  • Composition books (x2)
  • Laptop
  • Laptop chargers (x2)
  • Ethernet cable

  • Planner
  • Calculator
  • Sheet protectors
  • Index cards
  • Graph paper
  • Pencil pouch
  • White out
  • Pens
  • Mechanical pencils
  • #2 pencils
  • Highlighters
  • Sharpies
  • Glue sticks
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Stapler
  • Post it notes
  • Flash drives (x2)
  • Hole punch
  • Paper and binder clips
  • Ruler
  • Textbooks
  • Backpack
I’m currently a STEM major, so most of my classes this semester are math or science based, which in my experience, require a lot of handwritten notes in comparison to my english class.


Storage:
This is just my extra storage not previously mentioned! I had bought some of this early in my dorm shopping journey and now I’ve realized it’s not needed for move in, although I’m sure I’ll need them for the suite.


Emergency:
  • Bandaids (2 sizes)
  • Gauze pads
  • Medical tape
  • Benadryl
  • Dissolvable Zyrtec
  • Mucinex
  • Cough drops
  • Saline spray
  • Tums
  • Antacids
  • Tylenol
  • Ibuprofen
  • Vitamins

For anyone wondering, yes, I do actually know how to dose these medicines out and which ones are safe to combine. (I take a lower dose than recommended except for my vitamins and prescriptions because otherwise I tend to get sick so I can afford to have smaller bottles of everything.)


Now to the fun part!
Clothing:
  • Trash bags (for carrying my hanging clothes)
  • 30 hangers
  • Sundresses/game day dresses (x5)
  • Going out dress
  • Nicer shirts (x4)
  • Professional outfit
  • Jeans (x4)
  • Leggings (x1)
  • Running shorts (x8)
  • T-shirts (x5)
  • Rain jacket
  • Sweatshirt
  • Sweater
  • Tank tops (x3)
  • Weekender/duffel bag
  • Socks (x18 or so)
  • Underwear (x32 at least)
  • Bras (x4)
  • Sports bras (x2)
  • PJs (x14)
  • Swimsuits (practice x3, regular x1)
  • Jewelry
    • Pearl studs
    • Promise bracelet
    • Ring set
    • 2 necklaces

  • Medium basket
    • Slippers
    • Tennis shoes
    • Heels
    • Sperrys
    • Chacos
    • Converse


Toiletries:
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Body scrub
  • Coconut oil
  • Razors
  • Deodorant
  • Makeup remover
  • Makeup
    • Mascara
    • Primer
    • Foundation
    • Powder
    • Concealer
    • Contour
    • Highlight
    • Eyeshadow
    • Lip balm
    • Blush
    • Sponge
    • Brush set
  • Hair brush
  • Moisturizer
  • Contacts
  • Contact solution
  • Eyedrops
  • Glasses
  • Glasses cleaner
  • Aloe
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Mouthwash
  • Floss
  • Tweezers
  • Nail polish
  • Nail file
  • Nail buffer
  • Nail polish remover
  • Q tips
  • Straightener
  • Pads/tampons


And that’s it! If there’s anything else I end up needing, it’ll be posted in an updated post at the end of the year.

Disclaimer: none of these links are affiliates. I only make money off the Arbonne links if you purchase the products in my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment