Sunday, June 24, 2018

High School Reflections



Now that I'm over a month removed from graduation, I think it's a good time to reflect on my time in high school and how I think it'll affect me into college and beyond.

First and foremost, the people I met, my fellow alumni, the ones still in high school, the teachers, faculty, and staff are all amazing. One of the greatest benefits of a small school is how close you become to your teachers and your classmates and that was something I was looking forward to about going to UAH.

Secondly, although I spent a lot of time doing homework (definitely not studying though. I need to figure that part out before college...) I still found some clubs I enjoyed and I did them well. Swimming taught me perseverance and how to cope with failure, because I didn't really learn that through academics. Government club taught me how to find my voice, debate and discuss well, and how the legislature works better than my government class did. I really don't think you need to do everything, but my goodness, whatever you do, be passionate about it and give it your all.

I went to all but one high school dance, even when I had mono, and honestly, that's some of my best memories. I had a date to all of the casual ones and almost all of the upperclassman ones, and I honestly kind of enjoyed that more, but that's probably because my date was always my boyfriend. That makes a huge difference.

Overall, I really did enjoy high school and I can only hope college will be better!


--Edited to include photo--

No comments:

Post a Comment