Thursday, July 16, 2015

Reflection on: Wisdom Teeth Removal

Yesterday, I got all four of my wisdom teeth removed. My face is still swollen on one side and my lower jaw hurts like mad. Luckily, eating hasn't been too hard yet. Opening and closing my mouth hurt up until this morning, and the cleaning is a pain. (Let's be realistic!) I should be all healed within a week, but I'll be sure to update once I go back to the doctor.

Word of advice: Get yours out early if you don't have room. They will not have attached to the nerve, so you will heal much faster and have less pain when they come out. It's what my mom, doctor, and I decided on, and I'm thankful that's what happened. One of my friends waited and was in pain for several weeks and had a hard time focusing in school from all the added pain of waiting until they were nearly formed. This is one of the few medical procedures where getting it removed before problems arise is best. If you ever have any questions, feel free to comment or email me! (My email is on my contact me page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment